The dog was left alone at home and starts house fire in Essex by turning on the microwave


When it managed to turn the microwave on, the dog started a house fire, The husky-type dog was left alone in Stanford-leHope’s in an apartment, turned on the gadget in the kitchen on a worktop.

Welcome to ThreeTn, we hope you like this article.

The dog was left alone at home and starts house fire in Essex by turning on the microwave


According to Essex Fire Service, a packet of bread rolls found inside began to burn and caused a small fire. An app on their mobile phone alerted the operator, who was not at home at the time, to the blaze. The fire service said the computer of the owner allowed them to see live feeds from a camera set up on Kingsman Road in their building.

The dog was left alone at home and starts house fire in Essex by turning on the microwave

Geoff Wheal, Corringham Fire Station watch manager, called it a “very strange incident” and said firefighters found the kitchen full of smoke but made sure that the flames did not spread to the rest of the family home. “It shows that when they aren’t in use, microwaves should not be used to store food,” he said.


“Always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food or any packaging.” Animals or kids can turn them on more easily than you can think-so please don’t run the risk. The dog was not hurt, the service added.

ThreeTn thanks you for your interest in this topic, and invites you to browse and read more in the next article.

Advertisement